An easy Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie (aka pizookie) is amped up with peanut butter, pretzels and browned butter that’s ooegy, gooey, and irresistible!
2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 whole eggs
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1 cup crushed up pretzels + more for topping
½ cup creamy peanut butter + more for topping
Vanilla Ice Cream, for topping
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Melt/brown the butter until it just starts to turn a light amber color. Be careful! The butter can burn very easily! Remove the butter from the pan and into a separate large glass bowl to cool. While butter is cooling prepare the rest of the dough ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a small-medium cast iron skillet with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. Add eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to the melted butter and whisk together. Add wet ingredient mixture to flour mixture and fold to combine. Add in chocolate chunks and pretzel pieces to cookie dough.
- Press half of the cookie dough mixture into the skillet and dollop the peanut butter evenly into the center. Top with the remaining cookie dough and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with extra pretzels, peanut butter and scoops of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Use any of your favorite combination of chocolate, such as milk, white, and dark.
Keywords: Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie in Skillet, Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie in Cast Iron Skillet, Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Recipe