4 Tablespoons of olive oil
8–10 Ounces of brown mushrooms, sliced
Salt & Ground black pepper
5 Tablespoons of butter
1 Shallot, minced
1 ½ cups of Arborio rice
2 Teaspoons of kosher salt
½ Teaspoon of ground black pepper
½ Cup of Pinot Grigio or dry white wine
6 Cups of vegetable stock
1 ½ Cups of shredded parmesan cheese
1 Cup of fresh English peas, blanched for 1 minute
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a shallow sauté pan. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and reserve for risotto.
- In a large pot bring vegetable stock to a simmer.
- In a large sauté pan or braiser heat butter on medium-low heat until melted. Add in shallots and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add in arborio rice and coat with butter to toast for 1-2 minutes. Stir in white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add two ladles of vegetable stock to rice along with and salt and pepper.
- Stir consistently until most of the stock has absorbed but not dry. Add in another two ladles and repeat until absorbed again. Continue to stir and add in 2 ladles full stock until all of the stock is incorporated. This process should take you about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, browned mushrooms and blanched English peas.
- Garnish with parsley, fresh pea tendrils or sprouts.