This easy strawberry dump cake is made with just a few simple ingredients and with sweet fresh strawberries. With just 5 minutes of prep you will have an ooey, gooey strawberry cobbler type of dish.
Sweet, luscious strawberry filling topped off with golden brown vanilla crust. Pair with vanilla ice cream for the best, easiest, summer dessert.
Why you should make this strawberry dump cake?!
You won’t believe that with just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes you will have the most glorious melt-in-your mouth dessert unless you make it for yourself.
I’m really not sure who came up with the idea of the ‘dump cake’ but man does it deserve a better name. Dump cakes are eveeerrrrything.
Literally, who doesn’t love throwing 4-5 ingredients into a pan, baking it, and calling it good. This simple 5 ingredient strawberry dump cake is your golden recipe to turn to when you only have 10 minutes to throw a dessert together.
This recipe is kid friendly, (boyfriend friendly) and it’s simplicity shines through. The sweet strawberries create a rich sauce with the sugar, cinnamon and melted butter and the top is gooey, golden and slightly crispy in every bite.
It’s as if a cobbler and bread pudding had an extremely simple love child. Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream.
This time of the year I can’t get enough strawberries, be sure to try my strawberry crumble or my frozen strawberry margaritas for your next happy hour!
Ingredients for strawberry dump cake:
- Boxed Yellow Cake mix
- Ice Cream or Whip cream for topping
How to make strawberry dump cake?
Strawberry dump cake couldn’t be easier!
-Simply cut your berries up, toss with with some sugar and cinnamon and divide them equally into ramekins or in one pan.
–Sprinkle the yellow cake mixture over the berries evenly and dollop with butter cubes.
–Bake for 45-50 minutes and thats it, YES THATS IT!
Easy, delicious and quick. Dump cakes are a life savor when you need a delicious fast dessert.
Strawberry Dump Cake Variations:
- Triple Berry! Add in another 1-2 of your favorite berries for extra berry flavor and color.
- Strawberry Rhubarb! Rhubarb is def in season right now and works great with strawberry. Replace 1/4 to 1/2 the berries with sliced rhubarb.
- Stone fruit! I think peaches, apricots, nectarines and plums all compliment the sweetness of strawberries nicely. Feel free to leave the skin on.
What to top strawberry dump cake with?
I love topping this strawberry dump cake with creamy vanilla ice cream or whip cream!
To make homemade whip cream simply add in 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to a stand or hand mixer with a whip attachment. Add in 1-2 tbs of confectioners sugar and beat on high until whip cream becomes slightly stiff and fluffy. If you’re feeling wild, add in a tsp or two of bourbon for extra flavor.
Other Strawberry treats to try!
- Strawberry Crumble
- Strawberry and Cream overnight french toast
- Strawberry lemon poppyseed scones
- Strawberry lemon cake with lemon curd
If you make this strawberry dump cake recipe, be sure to tag me on Pinterest and Instagram!
I seriously love seeing what you guys are making and sharing your creations with the College Housewife community!Print
Strawberry Dump Cake
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
2 lbs fresh strawberries, halved or quartered
½ cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 standard box yellow cake mix
¾ (1 ½ sticks) cup unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a large skillet or 9×13 casserole dish or small ramekins and set aside.
- Spread out the strawberries evenly into your dish or ramekins. Sprinkle evenly with sugar and cinnamon and mix together. If you’re using ramekins, mix the strawberry sugar mixture before hand and then distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the strawberries evenly.
- Dollop cake mixture evenly with cubed butter.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the sides are bubbling and the top is golden brown.
Keywords: dump cake, strawberry, strawberry dump cake
SO delicious! SO easy! SO easy to make vegan and allergy-friendly! I’ll be making this all spring and summer.