This sparkling strawberry mocktail boasts the flavor from the strawberry lemonade found at Hot Dog on a Stick. Easy to make with all natural ingredients, extremely refreshing and perfectly balanced between sweet and tarty. If you love a spritz, but are looking for a mocktail, this is your drink!
This strawberry mocktail is the drink of spring!
When it comes to mocktails I want them to be fresh, flavorful and unique. This strawberry mocktail is made with freshly squeezed lemon juice, muddled fresh strawberries, a touch of honey and sparkling lemon soda.
If you love a spritz, this is your mocktail! This mocktail is perfectly refreshing and fruity just like a spritz.
If you’ve ever had a lemonade at Hot Dog on a Stick then you know how refreshing they are. This strawberry mocktail has the same essence as the strawberry lemonade but made right at home! Making this drink kid and adult friendly.
Yes, you can add alcohol. If you’re serving this for a crowd and you want some of the drinks to be mocktails and some to be cocktails, I recommend adding in 1-2 oz of your favorite vodka, gin or tequila!
Ingredients for this Strawberry Mocktail:
- fresh strawberries: fresh is the way to go! They will release the most fresh juice and flavor.
- fresh lemon juice: to grab extra juice out of your fresh lemon roll it around on the counter a few times before cutting while applying pressure.
- honey or simple syrup: you can add as little or as much sweetener as you like. I think honey and simple syrup compliment the flavors well but you could also use agave!
- sparkling lemon soda: use this to top the cocktail for freshness and some bubbles! I love the whole Betty Buzz line for mocktails. I use this same soda in my watermelon tequila spritzer! If you’re a soda lover you could also do these strawberry mocktails with sprite!
How to make a Strawberry Mocktail:
- Muddle the fruit: add strawberries and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker. Muddle together until the strawberries are crushed and release their juices.
- Add the sweetener: Add in simple syrup and stir together.
- Pour it up! Fill a wine or spritz glass with small cubes of ice. Strain or pour the entire fruit mixture over the ice. Top with sparkling lemon soda and gently stir together once more.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Recipe Tips and FAQ’s
What alcohol can I add to this mocktail? Yes! If you want this to be a strawberry cocktail, vodka or gin would compliment the flavors well.
Can I use a different berry? Surely! Give raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries a try!
Can I batch this mocktail? You could, but leave the sparkling soda out until you’re ready to serve so the drink doesn’t fall flat on you.
What glass would you serve this in? I love serving mocktails in a nice glass so they still feel special. A low or regular stem wine glass would be perfect.
More Mocktail Recipes to try:
Other Strawberry Drink Recipes to try:
I seriously love seeing what you guys are making and sharing your creations with the College Housewife community!Print
3 whole strawberries, sliced
2 oz fresh lemon juice
2 tsp honey or simple syrup
Sparkling lemon soda
Lemon wheel slices
- Add strawberries and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker. Muddle together until the strawberries are crushed and release their juices.
- Add in simple syrup and stir together.
- Fill a wine or spritz glass with small cubes of ice. Strain or pour the entire fruit mixture over the ice. Top with sparkling lemon soda and gently stir together once more.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Note on straining: I prefer to not strain the cocktail because I love the bits of fruit in the drink (gives it a sangria feel) but you can strain it if you want a smoother texture.