This easy 15 minute, tasty cauliflower fried recipe is the perfect low carb side dish for any Asian dinner.
This easy recipe is loaded with healthy vegetables and seasoned with tasty aromatics like fresh garlic, ginger and onions.
12 oz bag frozen cauliflower or ½ head fresh cauliflower, riced
3 tbsp olive oil
½ yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup frozen peas
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
2 tsp sriracha or sambal oelek
2 tbsp soy sauce
1–2 cups greens (like kale or spinach), optional
- To make cauliflower ‘rice’ (if using fresh cauliflower) cut into large chunks and blend in a food processor on low until ‘rice’ shape forms. Alternatively, you can chop the cauliflower until fine.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add in yellow onion, carrots and peas. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add in cauliflower rice, garlic, and ginger and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Create a well in the center of the rice and add in two eggs. Slightly scramble them in the center of the pan. Toss together the rice with the eggs and add in sriracha and soy sauce.
- For extra nutrition (totally optional!) I like to add 1-2 cups of fresh greens like spinach or kale at the end. Toss them together for 1-2 minutes or until wilted.
- Top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
For a vegan version: You can sub out the eggs all together from the recipe for a vegan version.
For Extra Protein: For extra protein you can add in some diced chicken or shrimp before starting the recipe and cook through. Add the chicken or shrimp back in after the recipe is complete.
For a gluten free version: Replace the soy sauce for tamari.
Keywords: low carb, side dish, cauliflower