This White Bean Kale Soup is hearty and healthy thanks to creamy cannellini beans and a handful of deep, dark and beautiful Tuscan kale. It’s a quick and easy vegetarian soup recipe ready in less than 30 minutes for a satisfying meal throughout the week.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery ribs, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp minced rosemary
1 tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
Cracked black pepper
2 – 15 oz cans white cannellini beans, drained
4–6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 head lacinato kale, ribs removed and chopped
Red pepper flakes
- Saute aromatics: In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add in onions, celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and have softened.
- Sprinkle in seasonings: Add in garlic cloves, rosemary, chili flakes, salt and a few turns of cracked black pepper. Cook mixture for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add beans and stock: Add in cannellini beans and stock. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Stir in kale: Stir in the chopped kale until it is slightly wilted. Taste test for salt and pepper and season accordingly.
- Top and enjoy: Serve in bowls with grated parmesan, crushed croutons, and red pepper flakes.
Store the soup in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat: Microwave on high in 1-minute increments until warm or bring a larger batch up to a simmer on the stovetop.
Nutrition info does not include toppings.
Keywords: beans, Tuscan, easy