A White Chocolate Chex Mix recipe is the ultimate sweet and salty snack mix for any party or holiday gathering. It’s the perfect mix of cereal, pretzels and M&Ms for all those holiday festivities with so many ways to switch it up. Pack up this addicting homemade snack mix and give it as a Christmas gift to all your friends!
Let me tell you, this white chocolate Chex mix is such a HUGE party favorite, especially around the holidays. My friends are always going on and on about easy recipes like this and I knew I had to give it a try. They like to call it Crack Party Mix!
I kid you not, we could not stop eating the it while we were shooting this white chocolate chex mix recipe. I personally think this is the perfect kind of mix to snack on while wrapping presents, preparing Christmas dinner or decorating the tree. But the best part?! You can totally switch it up and add nuts, cheerios, different cereals, candy, the options are endless! Package it up and give it as a gift to all your friends! Trust me, they will thank you!
White Chocolate Chex Mix Ingredients
- Rice Chex
- Red and Green M&Ms
- Crushed Peppermint Candies
- White Chocolate Chips
- Pink Food Coloring (optional)
How To Make White Chocolate Puppy Chow Chex Mix Recipe
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice chex, pretzels, m&ms and crushed peppermint candies.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate chips and microwave on HIGH in 30-second increments, stirring after each time, until melted and smooth. Add a few drops pink food coloring, if using.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the chex-pretzel mix and stir until the snack mix is evenly coated. Spread out on prepared baking sheets and leave out to dry. Break into pieces and serve in a large bowl for your party guests to enjoy!
White Chocolate Snack Mix Variations
- Cereal: Replace all or half of the chex mix with your favorite cereal, such as Corn Chex, Wheat Chex or Cheerios.
- Popcorn: Replace all or half of the pretzels with salted butter popcorn.
- Marshmallows: Replace the peppermint candies with 1 cup mini marshmallows.
- Nuts: Replace the peppermint candies with 1 cup of chopped, toasted nuts. Use one kind or a mix of peanuts, almonds, cashews or pecans.
- Sprinkles: Once you spread the snack party mix on the baking sheets, sprinkle with 2-3 Tablespoons festive holiday sprinkles.
- Powdered Sugar: Dust with a generous coating of powdered sugar right before you break the white chocolate chex mix into pieces.
Tips For The Best White Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe
- Use high-quality white chocolate chips for the best texture and flavor. My favorites are Guittard and Ghirardelli.
- To avoid burning the white chocolate, stir the chocolate for 20-25 seconds between each increment and stop microwaving when a few small pieces of white chocolate remain. Remember, the white chocolate is still warm and will continue melting!
- Work as quickly as you can since white chocolate tends to harden easily!
- Store the white chocolate party mix in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Alternatively, place in small gift bags, tie with a ribbon and give it as a Christmas gift to all your friends!
More Holiday Party Recipes You’ll Love:
- Sweet and Smoky Mixed Holiday Nuts
- Mrs. Claus Cranberry Whiskey Cocktail
- How To Make A Holiday Crudite Platter With Healthy Dips
If you make this White Chocolate Chex Mix recipe, I’d love to know how it goes! Please share with all fraaands in the comments below! For more easy recipes and ideas, follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, too! ♥
A White Chocolate Chex Mix recipe with cereal, pretzels and M&Ms is the best sweet and salty holiday recipe. Serve it at Christmas or gift to friends!
8 cups rice chex cereal
8 cups mini pretzels
2 cups (1 bag) red and green m&m’s
1 cup crushed peppermint candies
2 (12 oz) bags white chocolate chips
2 drops pink food coloring (optional)
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In an extra large bowl, mix together rice chex cereal, pretzels, m&m’s and crushed peppermint candies.
In a glass, heat-safe bowl, add white chocolate chips and microwave on HIGH in 30-second increments. After each increment, stir with a spatula and return to microwave. Heat until small bits of chocolate remain, then stir until smooth and melted. Optional: add in pink food coloring!
Mix melted chocolate together with chex-pretzel mix until the batch is coated well with melted chocolate. Spread out the mixture onto the baking sheets and let dry completely. Once dried, break up into pieces and serve in a large serving bowl.
Use high-quality white chocolate chips such as Guittard or Ghirardelli.
Keywords: White Chocolate Chex Mix, White Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe, White Chocolate Puppy Chow Chex Mix Recipe, White Chocolate Snack Mix, Sweet Salty Snack Mix Recipes