These Zucchini and Corn Fritters are crispy, crunchy and ultra-fresh thanks to summer zucchini and sweet corn for an incredible appetizer, side or snack.
For dipping sauce:
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup ketchup
½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon old bay or cajun seasoning
2 large zucchini
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 shallot, grated
1 cup corn kernels
1 tablespoon chopped chives + more for serving
1 jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
2 large eggs
⅔ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
For dipping sauce:
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, black pepper, garlic powder and old bay seasoning until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to let the flavors come together.
For the fritters:
- Prep the zucchini: Shred the zucchini on the medium holes of a box grater. Place in a bowl and sprinkle the zucchini shreds with ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Allow the salt to draw out some of the moisture from the zucchini for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a tea towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- For the batter: In a large bowl, mix together the shredded zucchini, shallot, corn kernels, chives, jalapeno, eggs, all-purpose flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper until smooth.
- Heat a medium nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat with a generous layer of olive oil (about ¼ cup).
- Drop a large spoonful of fritter batter into the skillet and flatten with the back of the spatula. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan and cook in batches, if necessary.
- Fry each fritter for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and finish frying the backside until golden, another 2 minutes.
- Top with dipping sauce and extra chives before serving.
Frozen Corn: Use an equal amount of frozen corn kernels that have been thawed and thoroughly patted dry with paper towels.
Gluten-Free: Replace the flour with an equal amount of gluten-free blend or chickpea flour.
Keywords: summer, cripy, dipping sauce